The Georgia Lacrosse Officials Association is offering a training session on September 23rd to youth players (18 years old or younger) interested in officiating youth lacrosse. The GLOA had a very successful training session this past weekend. Twenty five young men completed the US Lacrosse Level 1 Officials Training Program by going through four hours of classroom training, station training, and field training. The twenty five that completed the training are now qualified to officiate youth lacrosse at any league in Georgia.
If you are interested in becoming certified to officiate youth lacrosse I highly suggest registering for the September training session. The following is provided by the GLOA website www.galaxref.com.
Thursday, September 23rd Classroom Session
Hembree Park Recreation Center (HPRC)
850 Hembree Road
Roswell, GA 30076
(REGISTRATION CLOSES FRIDAY, AUGUST 27TH)
Field Training – Saturday, September 25th
Multiple Fields – All in the Roswell Area
1) Go to the “Youth Officials Training” page on galaxref.com
2) Expand “Classes Available For Registration”
3) Review the class information and decide which session you want to participate in.
4) Expand the “Register For A Class” section and provide ALL of the requested information. (If you are not a US Lacrosse member, please go to www.uslacrosse.org to become a member and receive your membership number).
5) SUBMIT THE REGISTRATION FORM
6) Follow the PayPal Link and pay for your training materials.
You will get an email confirming your registration.
This is a great way to both contribute to the lacrosse community and improve your lacrosse IQ.
Atlanta Youth Lacrosse will also be training youth officials during the 2010 Fall Season. If you are a youth or adult interested in officiating for Atlanta Youth Lacrosse please email Gordon Corsetti at email@example.com. While Atlanta Youth Lacrosse does not certify new officials to officiate in other leagues as GLOA does. Gordon shadows and teaches each youth official and provides a solid foundation that will serve these officials well if they decide to complete the Level 1 Officials Training with the GLOA.
Yours in Lacrosse,