We began our Fall Ball season this weekend along with the start of College Football. It was great to see so many of our players and families during Labor Day weekend to the start of Fall Ball.
As I stated during our pre-clinic team gathering’s Atlanta Youth Lacrosse Fall Ball is vey different then other programs. We don’t have practices for several reasons:
- Players may be playing other Fall sports (Spring is the season for full bore LACROSSE)
- Commit to being the best student possible. Achive academic greatness
- Trying to avoid burnout and over committment to one sport
- Giving our Moms and Dad’s a break so they are not driving during rush hour to get to practice
- Giving our volunteer coaches a break so they can have quality family time during the fall
- Our S.T.A.R program (Students That Accept Responsiblity) – a mentoring program that allows students to garner volunteer hours while helping our younger players to succeed
- Did I mention it’s College Football season 🙂
We stress to experience players to work on their off-hand or try a new position while improving their overall skills. We ask our beginning players to perform Wall Ball routines (see link below) as well we encourage all players to participate in weekly progressive clinics http://ayllax.com/fall-clinics
Atlanta Youth Lacrosse prides itself on “Fun, Fundmentals, Sportsmanship and Honoring the Game”. We take this very seriously and we want every player and family to enjoy themselves each and every weekend.
If you know of a player that is interested in playing this fall please have them visit our web site www.ayllax.com or fill out the attached contact form http://ayllax.com/contact we have limited spots available.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone at our games next weekend for Youth and High School contests.
See ya on the field…MJ and Coach Lou